Join the second time in rowing history transnational eights regatta
Croatia, Hungary, Czech and Austria welcome you in their capitals to compete in spectacular long
distance race to the city centres.
A handicap system guarantees excitement beteween age categories, genders and double/sweep
boats - all teams get together in one ranking to win the massive cup!
RULES (new in 2017/18)
- Upon registration for the first cup regatta of the year, teams must indicate their CAPITAL
- Three out of four regattas have to be completed to be part of the Capital Cup.
- If teams compete in all four regattas of the season, the worst result will be cancelled.
- Cup winner will be the team which achieves the fasted added time of all three regattas in
- Handicap system:
- M8+ time x 1,000
- M8x+ time x 1,027
- F8+ time x 0,894
- F8x+ time x 0,921
- MIX8+ time x 0,947
- MIX8x+ time x 0,974
- Handicaps of age categories:
- Time penalties will be included in the cup’s classification.
- The winning team receives a challenge cup which has to be returned before the last cup
regatta of the following year.
- The races are open for Men’s, Women’s and Mixes teams in all age classes.
- Eligible are Eights and Octuple Sculls.
- At least four rowers of one team must take part in all three cup regattas of the season. The
other rowers may change in any order.
- Changes of the boat class (e.g. from Mixed to Women’s or Eight to Octuple Sculls) are not
- Changes in age categories are allowed.
- Teams with rowers from different clubs are accepted.
- The specific regulations of each regatta have to be obeyed.